Friday, June 15, 2007


JUNE 15th GARDEN BLOGGERS BLOOM DAY.


This is how the garden looks today.


Campanula/Bluebells



Insects like the Yarrow/Achillea





Not quite ready.



Blackraspberries not quite ripe.



Shasta daisy with Calamagrostis. A tall early blooming ornamental grass.



Echinacea purpurea/Purple coneflower The first two.




Tawny Daylily and Heliopsis


Red Osier Dogwood berry is ripe and ready for the birds.


Hydrangea arborescens and Stella Daylilies


Oakleaf hydrangea with hardy geranium.



Flower of Virginia Creeper will produce lots of berries in late summer.



Sweetspire



Penstemon 'Husker Red'




Heuchera



This is a weed commonly called Dayflower. It has a cute little mouse like face so I always let a couple bloom before pulling.




Check out
May Dreams
for more garden Blogger Blooms

9 Comments:

Blogger Carol Michel said...

Your garden looks quite pretty today!

15/6/07 4:43 PM  
Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

How lovely to see so much in flower in your garden. Love those Penstemons! My blooms are up too if you're interested.

16/6/07 2:04 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

What a great variety of things in bloom! Lovely photos, too.

16/6/07 2:05 AM  
Blogger Carol Michel said...

Sweetspire! You've reminded me that I forget to list my sweetspire as blooming. It is tucked in a corner on the side yard and gets overlooked sometime times.

Thanks for participating in Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

16/6/07 7:20 AM  
Blogger Gloria said...

Thank you for the kind words Molly and Carol.
Yolanda, I did visit to take a look at your garden. Wonderful as always.
I have been trying to take a look at everyone's contribution. It may take a day or two.

19/6/07 1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't dayflowers have a lovely blue color? a rather rare intense blue. We have several kinds in Austin. Unfortunately my yard is filled with the weedy small one.

As for their cousins, the false dayflowers, I think they have a very beguiling face.

20/6/07 7:21 AM  
Blogger Gloria said...

M sinclair stevens,

What an excellent face!
I take back what I said about false dayflower. It is adorable...

21/6/07 2:07 PM  
Blogger MrBrownThumb said...

Hey Gloria,

We both have the dayflower in my garden and I don't even bother pulling it because it's not really invasive in my garden and weeding doesn't seem to make a dent in it the next year.

Nice flowers you got there.

27/6/07 2:14 AM  
Blogger Gloria said...

Well hello there fellow Chicago gardener Mr Brownthumb. I saw your picture of the dayflower.
The Dayflower only picks a spot or two to fill . I usually pull it all out after awhile. Comes back each year anyway even though I have not noticed it in any other yards around here. Neater neighbors than myself I suspect...

1/7/07 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home